Friday, March 25, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Bisque

I am not much of a cook.  I love to bake and decorate baked goods but regular cooking isn't my favorite thing to do.  However, I have an amazing recipe to share with you.  I went to a friend's party where she made this soup and it was to die for!  I craved it so much I even made a batch of my own and it turned out fantastic.

It was pretty easy to make and it makes a lot so be prepared for left overs!  The most difficult part was peeling the roasted red peppers but apparently you can purchase peppers already roasted from your local grocery store.  Since I am a bit of a cooking virgin I didn't know that and the whole process would have been a lot quicker.  If you want to try roasting your own I used directions from All Recipes for mine.

Enjoy and let me know if you love it as much as I do!

Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
as prepared in DEAN & DELUCA’s Kansas City kitchen

Yield 3 ½ qts

Ingredients:
½ stick Butter
½ cup Celery, diced
½ cup Onions, diced
½ cup Carrots, diced
1 quart Chicken stock
3 cups Roasted Red Peppers with juice
1 cup Tomato Paste
1 ½ cups Ketchup
1 quart Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
¾ tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
¾ tsp Dried Basil Leaves

Method:
1. Melt Butter and Saute the Celery, Carrots, and Onions to soften.
2. Add Chicken Stock and Roasted Red Peppers to the vegetables.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add remaining ingredients (except seasonings) to boiling stock and vegetable mix.
5. Reduce heat and let simmer 10-15 minutes.
6. Add Seasonings and puree mix until smooth.
7. Adjust Seasonings as needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...