Friday, April 15, 2011

Cake Pops

Zack asked me if I could make him some cake pops so I took the opportunity to make a blog post out of it.  I know I posted this once before but I didn't have step-by-step pictures to share.  Just make sure you don't cook in white!

Step 1: Bake a cake!  Any flavor you choose, boxed or from scratch.  Let the cake cool completely.

Step 2: Crumble the cake.  I use my hands for the majority of it then used the masher to make the crumbs smaller.

Step 3: Choose a complementing frosting.  Mix 3/4 to 1 full can of frosting into the crumbs until it is a dough.

Step 4: Make the dough into balls.  I used a Pampered Chef scoop to get them to the right size.  Last time I discovered if you make them too big they fall off the stick and are hard to dip.  One batch made 60 balls.

Step 5: Melt you candy coating according to the package instructions.

Step 6: Dip the sucker stick into the melted chocolate.


Step 7: Insert the stick into the cake ball and wipe off any extra chocolate.  Place the cake pops into the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes or the freezer for 15-20 minutes.  The longer the better.  This helps keep the cake pop on the stick and from crumbling in the next step.


Step 8: Remove 3-5 cake pops from the refrigerator at a time to keep them cold and dip into the melted chocolate.  If the chocolate is too thick add shortening to it to thin it out and make easier to dip.

Step 9:  Gently tap off extra chocolate then place the stick in a Styrofoam block to dry.  If you plan to decorate you should do this before the chocolate is dry.

All done!

I only made the one with a stick this time for the blog since we were just going to be eating this at home.  I also made cake balls with the same method minus the stick.

Jameson loved them!


And was angry with me when I wouldn't let him have another one!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...