Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Harry Potter Crib Mobile

A good friend of mine, whom is a huge Harry Potter fan, welcomed her son Stryder last month.  As a baby gift I wanted to make her something with a Harry Potter theme for the baby room.

I made Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape, a snitch, Hedwig with Stryder's invitation to Hogwarts and the crests for all 4 houses with felt, glue, stuffing and thread.  I purchased an already mobile on clearance and took it apart covering the hoops with a new fabric and replacing the ribbons to sew the figures onto.  The only thing I was unable to do was find a music box that I could program with the Harry Potter theme song.


The project took quite a bit of time but was an great way to create a personalized gift on a budget.

Jameson had fun playing with the little figures.  He used them as shadow puppets and when he found out they weren't for him he asked me to make one for him. So we introduced Spiderman to the Harry Potter gang :)

11 comments:

  1. you wouldn't make another one for sale would you? I am doing a Harry Potter nursery and while I can make the drib set no problem I couldn't make a mobile like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Any chance you created a pattern for this that you would be willing to sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few shape templates I used but most of the detail work I just made as I went. I will look to see what I have but I do not have any full patterns.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. OMG it's amazing!!! Anyway I could buy one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in the process of making a HP nursery and would love one of these, I will email you if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Due to the amount of time it takes to make this mobile, I am no longer able to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...