Wednesday, July 7, 2010

6 Month Milestone

Jameson was 6 months on July 4th...he has changed so much in just these few months.  

His physical development is amazing...He has gone from 6lb 2oz and 18.75in to 15lb 5oz and 26.2in!  

Of course there are the many milestones he has met a long the way such as sitting unassisted, rolling over, smiling, giggling, eating solid food, grabbing things (on purpose), putting everything in his mouth, and many many more. 

But today was a big milestone event for me and made me cry harder than the first time I dropped him off to go back to work.  When I took him to grandma's this morning he cried when I handed him over...he wanted his mommy and reached for me!  It made me feel amazing and despicable for leaving him all at the same time.  I miss him so much!

Another big change is happening starting today I will no longer be pumping breast milk while at work.  I made my 6 month exclusive breastfeeding goal and I am satisfied.  I wish I could have gone longer but my body just doesn't seem to want to cooperate and the stress of the last couple of weeks trying to increase my supply actually made it worse.  I still plan (attempt) to breastfeed when I am home with him but my time spent in the electrical closet at work is officially over!  It is a bittersweet ending.

Jameson at One day old!

Jameson at 6 months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...