Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mommy to Bee Baby Shower


UPDATE:  The invitation and party game are now available to purchase at my Etsy shop.

My first niece/nephew will be arriving in just a few short weeks.  I'm not one for surprises so the fact that my sister-in-law has decided to be "team green" and not find out the gender has driven me crazy.  I have to admit however the closer her due date comes the more exciting it is to finally find out what she is having.  So in typical Abby fashion I went into overdrive planning her baby shower and I couldn't be happier with the turn out.


The Invitation


The Spread

The Cake
I made a cupcake bouquet (which was not as easy as I expected).  Using a styrofoam ball on top of the metal bucket base and toothpicks to attach the cupcakes.  I found this idea on Pinterest and after my first trial was a disaster I went to YouTube and watched a few videos to help perfect the technique.  The cupcakes are Martha Stewart's Honey Cupcakes with Swiss Meringue Frosting topped with marzipan bumble bees (also found in Martha Stewart's Cupcake cookbook).

The Decorations
I made this banner using scrapbook paper, ribbon and some pre-made wooden bees found in the wood supplies at Michaels.  

Goody Bags, Babee Shower hangings and Diaper Cake.  This diaper cake has a long history that has been passed onto my sister-in-law now.  This cake was made for one of my college friends, whom thought it was too cute to take apart.  So instead she redecorated it and passed it along, which was then redecorated and passed along to me.  


Tissue paper poms with bees hanging below.



And of course I couldn't let her go without embarrassing her a little bit.  The dog even got into the fun.

The Games/Activities
For games we played "The Price is Right" using baby items that everyone had to guess the price of.  Person with the closest number without going over won,.  We also played "Taboo" where the word Baby was off limits. If you said Baby you lost your bracelet I supplied and the person with the most bracelets at the end of the shower won.  Finally we played "How big is Mommy".  I provided blue and pink ribbon we then passed around and they selected ribbon color by what they thought he baby would be and tried to guess how big the her baby bump was around.  In addition to the games I had a little activity for my Sister-in-Law's keepsake box.  Everyone was given a double sided sheet of paper with "Wishes for Babee" and "Predictions" on the other.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...