Sunday, March 20, 2011

Every Day Eyeshadow

For my first makeup look request I was asked to create an every day eyeshadow look.  Being that this is my first instructional post it may need refinement; so any input that would make it easier to understand or anything that I missed please let me know.


Products used:
-Eye Moisturizer
-Eyeshadow 1: Light Shade
-Eyeshadow 2: Medium Shade
-Eyeshadow 3: Dark Shade
-Eyeliner
-Mascara
-Eyeshadow Brushes

As a general rule the first step to good looking makeup is your skin care.  Your eye area is the most important area to keep moisturized as this skin is the most delicate.  The moisturizer I used is Avon Anew Clinical Eyelift.

Step 1: Apply Eyeshadow #1 over the entire eyelid from lash line to eyebrow with brush A or the provided applicator.  I used Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow, 319 Daybreak.


Step 2:  Apply Eyeshadow #2 from lash over eye lid and in crease from lash line up to your brow bone using brush A.  I used Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow, 303 Lucky Penny.  

  
Step 3: Apply Eyeshadow #3 in a V-shape at the outer corner of your eye and just under the brow bone using brush B or the supplied applicator.  Also apply Eyeshadow #3 to the outer 2/3 of the upper and lower lash line using brush C.  I used Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow, 306 Rum Spice.


Step 4: Use a light white/cream eyeshadow as a highlighter, I used Eyeshadow #1 again.  Apply highlighter below the brown bone and in the inner corner of your eye.  Also use this step to smooth the edges of the contour color from Step 3.


Step 5: Apply Eyeliner to the outer 2/3 of the lash line.  Do not use a heavy line and don't worry about it being perfect when you apply.  You can always use a Q-Tip to smooth out the application.  Apply Mascara.  



The look is complete!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks great; want to come up and do my makeup everyday?? LOL It's very easy to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Abby that looks amazing!! I am so excited to try this! As I've told you before I have no idea how to apply eye shadow, it actually looks pretty awful when I try! But I can't wait to try this. I wish it wasn't so late at night otherwise I would do it now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...