Friday, March 18, 2011

Stitches of Prayer

As a little girl my grandma would always sit and crochet while we watched and she also tried to teach us a little.  I don't really remember much of what she taught but I decided it is time to learn.  I have a friend that recently started a non-profit organization called Stitches of Prayer where you can donate knitted or crocheted scarfs and hats that the organization will then distribute to those in need.  If you aren't a knitter, no worries, they will take donations of yarn as well.  Check out their Facebook page for more details.

With the help of Lionbrand's website, I taught myself to crochet.  They provide instructional videos, illustrations and free patterns to help you get started.  After about a month I have officially completed my first scarf and it probably took me a total of 5-6 hours total in the evenings after Jameson is in bed to create.  My next step is a matching hat, wish me luck!

My handsome little man modeling mommy's 1st scarf!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...